The Classroom Assessment Scoring System (CLASS™) measures emotional support in four dimensions: positive climate, negative climate, teacher sensitivity, and regard for student perspective. This training will prepare coaches to support teachers in these areas.
What to expect
This training is four clock hours.
- Take an in-depth look at the four emotional support dimensions.
- Explore ways to support teachers in everyday classroom routines.
- Practice coaching strategies that build quality in this domain.
Who should attend
Anyone who supports teachers in their work, including:
- Program leaders
- Attend a two-day Pre-K or K-3 CLASS™ observation training
- Pass reliability testing with Teachstone
- Attend Putting CLASS™ Into Practice training
Register for a scheduled training
Cost: $100 per person
Time: 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
This training is free for Parent Aware Coaches and Professional Development Advisors. Use code “PAware” when registering.
- Register for October 27, 2017: Super 8 Monticello, 1114 Cedar Street, Monticello, MN, 55362: (Register by October 23)
- Register for April 6, 2018: U of M St. Paul Campus, School of Social Work, 145 Peters Hall, 1404 Gortner Avenue, St. Paul, MN, 55108, Directions (Register by March 30)
Request a training for your group
We can customize any of our trainings for your site and audience. Get in touch and we’ll work together to develop a training that’s right for you.