The Classroom Assessment Scoring System (CLASS™) measures emotional support in four dimensions: positive climate, negative climate, teacher sensitivity, and regard for student perspective. This training will prepare coaches to support teachers in these areas.
What to expect
This training is four clock hours.
- Take an in-depth look at the four emotional support dimensions.
- Explore ways to support teachers in everyday classroom routines.
- Practice coaching strategies that build quality in this domain.
Who should attend
Anyone who supports teachers in their work, including:
- Program leaders
- Attend a two-day Pre-K or K-3 CLASS™ observation training
- Pass reliability testing with Teachstone
- Attend Putting CLASS™ Into Practice training
Register for a scheduled training
Cost: $100 per person
Time: 8:00 am to 12:00 pm
This training is free for Parent Aware Coaches and Professional Development Advisors. Choose “Parent Aware Coach or PD Advisor” as your Participant Type during registration.
December 17, 2018. Register by December 10. University of Minnesota St. Paul Campus, St. Paul Student Center, Room 202, 2017 Buford Avenue, St. Paul, MN, 55108. Directions and parking.
June 14, 2019. Register by June 7. University of Minnesota St. Paul Campus, St. Paul Student Center, Room 202, 2017 Buford Avenue, St. Paul, MN, 55108. Directions and parking.
Request a training for your group
We can customize any of our trainings for your site and audience. Get in touch and we’ll work together to develop a training that’s right for you.