Participate and learn how to become a reliable observer from certified Classroom Assessment Scoring System (CLASS®) trainers. We offer training for the Infant, Toddler, Pre-K, and K-3 versions of CLASS®.
What to expect
16 clock hours
- Receive comprehensive instruction about the tool.
- Score video segments in preparation for the online reliability testing.
Participants must pass the Teachstone online test to become a reliable CLASS® observer. The test takes about 8 hours to complete.
Those interested in training others to become reliable observers must attend a Train-the-Trainer session offered via Teachstone.
As a Parent Aware partner, we offer the Infant, Toddler, Pre-K, and K-3 versions of this training to build capacity for CLASS® observations and coaching. Parent Aware is the Minnesota Quality Rating and Improvement System (QRIS).
Who should attend
- Anyone who participates in the Parent Aware (QRIS) system in Minnesota
Register for a scheduled training
Cost: $400 per person
This two-day training requires attendance both days to complete this training. Attendees must attend both days fully.
Time: See individual training dates for hours
Pre-K CLASS™ Reliability Trainings:
The June 13-14 training will be held in person at Hampton Inn, 310 Canal Park Drive, Duluth, MN, 55802 (218-720-3000), 8:00 am to 5:00 pm each day. Register by May 30
Keeping It Safe
- We will provide masks and hand sanitizer for anyone to use during the training. Face coverings are required on all University of Minnesota campuses. You can find more information at Safe Campus.
- We will encourage social distancing. Tables will be set up to provide space where preferred.
- We will disinfect the room on top of UMN COVID-19 cleaning protocols at the beginning of each day.
- We encourage everyone to wash their hands each time they enter the conference room.
Request a training for your group
We can customize any of our trainings for your site and audience. Get in touch and we’ll work together to develop a training that’s right for you.