Participate and learn how to become a reliable observer from certified Classroom Assessment Scoring System (CLASS™) trainers. We offer training for the Infant, Toddler, Pre-K, and K-3 versions of CLASS™.
What to expect
This training is 16 clock hours.
- Receive comprehensive instruction about the tool.
- Score video segments in preparation for the online reliability testing.
Participants must complete 3-4 hours of pre-training exercises and readings.
Participants must pass the Teachstone online test to become a reliable CLASS™ observer. The test takes about 8 hours to complete.
Those interested in training others to become reliable observers must attend a Train-the-Trainer session offered via Teachstone.
As a Parent Aware partner, we offer the Infant, Toddler, Pre-K, and K-3 versions of this training to build capacity for CLASS™ observations and coaching. Parent Aware is the Minnesota Quality Rating and Improvement System (QRIS).
Who should attend
- Anyone who lives and works in Minnesota
Register for a scheduled training
Cost: $300 per person
Time: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm both days
- Register for February 8-9, 2018: Toddler training. U of M St. Paul Campus, St. Paul Student Center, Room 110, 2017 Buford Avenue, St. Paul, MN, 55108, Directions (Register by January 18)
- Register for March 22-23, 2018: Pre-K training. Mankato City Center, 101 East Main Street, Mankato, MN, 56001, Directions (Register by March 1)
- Register for June 11-12, 2018: Pre-K training. Comfort Suites Canal Park, 408 Canal Park Drive, Duluth, MN, 55802, Directions (Register by May 21)
Request a training for your group
We can customize any of our trainings for your site and audience. Get in touch and we’ll work together to develop a training that’s right for you.