Participate and learn how to become a reliable observer from certified Classroom Assessment Scoring System (CLASS®) trainers. We offer training for the Infant, Toddler, Pre-K, and K-3 versions of CLASS®.
What to expect
16 clock hours
- Receive comprehensive instruction about the tool.
- Score video segments in preparation for the online reliability testing.
Participants must pass the Teachstone online test to become a reliable CLASS® observer. The test takes about 8 hours to complete.
Those interested in training others to become reliable observers must attend a Train-the-Trainer session offered via Teachstone.
As a Parent Aware partner, we offer the Infant, Toddler, Pre-K, and K-3 versions of this training to build capacity for CLASS® observations and coaching. Parent Aware is the Minnesota Quality Rating and Improvement System (QRIS).
Who should attend
- Anyone who participates in the Parent Aware (QRIS) system in Minnesota
Register for a scheduled training
Cost: $500 per person; $400 for Parent Aware Coaches
This two-day training requires attendance both days to complete this training. Attendees must attend both days fully.
Time: See individual training dates for hours
March 28-29, 2023, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, in person, Country Inn & Suites, 2740 Snelling Avenue North, Roseville, MN 55113, register by March 10
June 12-13, 2023, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, in person, Pier B Resort, 800 West Railroad Street, Duluth, MN 55802, register by May 26
Keeping It Safe
- We will provide masks and hand sanitizer for anyone to use during the training.
- We will encourage social distancing. Tables will be set up to provide space where preferred.
- We will disinfect the room on top of UMN COVID-19 cleaning protocols at the beginning of each day.
- We encourage everyone to wash their hands each time they enter the conference room.
Request a training for your group
We can customize any of our trainings for your site and audience. Get in touch and we’ll work together to develop a training that’s right for you.