High-quality early education and child care helps children achieve success in school later. The Desired Results Developmental Profile (DRDP) is a Parent Aware-recognized child assessment tool that measures a child’s development across time. It’s used with children from birth to kindergarten and is completed twice yearly.
The tool covers all areas of development, including language, cognitive, motor, and social and emotional development. The DRDP (2015) is an all-inclusive tool and can be used with children with disabilities and English language learners.
What to expect
This training is 14 clock hours.
Our two-day trainings give participants an overview of DRDP and how it can be used to document child development.
- Day 1 (Desired Results Developmental Profile-2015) introduces practitioners and administrators to DRDP use, terms, and layout.
- Day 2 (Meaningful Observation) focuses on strategies to document and rate child growth using the DRDP.
The training introduces four new English language development measures for English language learners.
Who should attend
- Family child care providers
- Teachers in child care centers
- School districts
- Special education programs
Register for a scheduled training
Cost: $140 per person
Time: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm for two days
- There are currently no trainings scheduled. Please check back.
Request a training for your group
We can customize any of our trainings for your site and audience. Get in touch and we’ll work together to develop a training that’s right for you.