The Environmental Rating Scales (ERS) are a set of tools that assess the quality of a child care setting.
- Infant/Toddler Environment Rating Scale-Revised (ITERS-R; for children 6 weeks to 29 months)
- Family Child Care Environment Rating Scale-Revised (FCCERS-R; for children 6 weeks to kindergarten entry)
- Early Childhood Environment Rating Scale-Revised (ECERS-R; for children 30 months to kindergarten entry)
What to expect
Our goal is to train early childhood practitioners so they can improve their practice. Trainings are conducted in groups. An online course about the ERS is available annually.
For each scale, each participant must:
- complete an 8-hour class;
- participate in two fieldwork days; and
- share their observations with a CEED staff member in a formal debriefing session.
Who should attend
- Regional staff
- Family child care providers
- Others who wish to become consultants on the ERS scale
Register for a scheduled training
There are no trainings scheduled at this time.
Request a training for your group
We can customize any of our trainings for your site and audience. Get in touch and we’ll work together to develop a training that’s right for you.