- Register for Summer 2018 (July 9 to July 30, 2018). Register by July 2.
- Register for Fall 2018 (October 8 to October 29, 2018). Register by October 1.
- Register for Spring 2019 (February 11 to March 4, 2019). Register by February 4.
Reflective Supervision/Consultation (RS/C) is a form of ongoing professional development that supports early childhood practitioners in their work and guides them in providing services focused on children’s needs.
In this three-week online course, get an introduction to the principles and core competencies of RS/C. Develop a foundation of knowledge about Reflective Supervision/Consultation based in infant mental health theory and practice.
This course uses the Reflective Interaction Observation Scale (RIOS) as a framework.
- Take this course as a stand-alone course or apply it to the Supporting Early Social and Emotional Development Credential.
- If you are pursuing the credential and wish to receive RS/C through CEED, this short course must be completed before beginning RS/C.
- If you are already receiving RS/C through another source and intend to apply for the Credential, please be aware that the Reflective Supervisor must be endorsed at Category III or IV. This short course must be completed prior to applying for the Supporting Early Social and Emotional Development Credential.
What to expect
- Gain an understanding of the principles and goals of RS/C.
- Learn the structure of a RS/C session.
- Learn how to describe the topics of conversation and methods of inquiry used in RS/C.
Who should register
- Early childhood educators
- Special education educators and practitioners
- Social workers
- Home visitors
- Others working with young children ages birth to five
Meet the instructor
Christopher Watson, Ph.D., IMH-E®[IV], is the director of the Center for Reflective Practice at CEED. He led the team of clinicians and researchers who developed the Reflective Interaction Observation Scale (RIOS) and is conducting further research into the implementation process and results of RS/C.
- Earn 10 clock hours
- Through Summer 2018 session: $95 registration fee
- Beginning Fall 2018 session: $110 registration fee
There are no required materials for this short course.
- Cancellation before Day 1 of the session: Full refund less $35 administrative fee
- Cancellation Day 1 Week 1 through Day 1 Week 2: 75% refund
- Cancellation Day 2 Week 2 forward: No refund will be provided.