Develop ID: 188096
Motivational interviewing is a technique used to guide early education and child care providers toward improvement while also empowering them to change. Motivational interviewing coaches focus on curiosity instead of judgment. They use specific strategies to align themselves with the provider and to promote reflection.
What to expect
Our 4-hour, introductory workshop will educate participants about motivational interviewing principles. It also will give coaches the ability to experience and practice skills.
Who should attend
- Relationship-based professional development providers
Register for a scheduled training
Cost: $75 per person
4 clock hours
Training is free for Parent Aware Coaches and Professional Development Advisors. Choose Participant type “Parent Aware Coach or PD Advisor” when registering.
October 7, 2022: In person, 9:30 am to 2:00 pm, Monticello Community Center, 505 Walnut Street, #4, Monticello, MN 55362, register by October 3
April 24, 2023: In person, 9:30 am to 2:00 pm, Holiday Inn Express & Suites, 15739 Audubon Way, Baxter, MN 56425, register by April 18
Keeping It Safe
- We will provide masks and hand sanitizer for anyone to use during the training. Face coverings are required on all University of Minnesota campuses. You can find more information at Safe Campus.
- We will encourage social distancing. Tables will be set up to provide space where preferred.
- We will disinfect the room on top of UMN COVID-19 cleaning protocols at the beginning of each day.
- We encourage everyone to wash their hands each time they enter the conference room.