The Reflective Practice Center (RPC) provides individual professional development for early childhood practitioners such as preschool teachers, child care providers, home visitors, health care providers, administrators, and others. We also provide consultation services to organizations that offer relationship-based professional development.
Professional development for individuals
We offer online and in-person opportunities for early childhood professionals and their supervisors to build reflective skills. All our offerings can be customized for your organization.
- Online courses using the Reflective Interaction Observation Scale (RIOS) developed at the RPC:
- Supporting Early Social and Emotional Development online credential
- Coming soon! New online self-study modules from nationally known instructors
Professional development for organizations
We work with organizations large and small to implement or improve relationship-based professional development programs. Our services include:
- Providing reflective consultation or data-driven feedback on recorded reflective sessions using the Reflective Interaction Observation Scale (RIOS) coding system
- Creating personalized/customized courses and training programs on reflective practice and reflective supervision as well as related topics such as infant mental health
- Offering presentations on reflective supervision customized to your organization
Interested in working with the RPC? Contact Deborah Ottman, Associate Director of Professional Development at CEED, to find out more about our services and how we can customize them to meet your needs.