Our online courses help people who work with young children and their families hone their skills and gain new insights into child development. Because we are an applied research center, our instructors understand how to translate the latest research into actionable practice for professionals.
Subscribe to our mailing list for course announcements and reminders.
- Learn from the experts. CEED was founded in 1975 as part of the research-driven College of Education and Human Development at the University of Minnesota (UMN). UMN ranks #9 in research among U.S. public universities, according to the National Science Foundation’s Higher Education Research and Development survey.
- Earn continuing education credits or clock hours. Clock hours range from 10 to 84 per course.
- Low cost per clock hour of instruction. Our courses cost just $11 to $12 per clock hour. Compare that to around $30 per clock hour–the average rate for most early childhood professional development.
- Learn on your own time, wherever you are. Access to course materials is provided 24/7 throughout the session. Some courses include real-time video conferencing, but most activities are asynchronous. Note: Courses include homework assignments with weekly deadlines; these are not self-paced courses.
- Instructor-led online courses. Our instructors interact with participants, share their expertise, and provide feedback. Whether online or face-to-face, research shows instructor-led courses are the most effective way to gain new knowledge and skills.
- Get to know your peers. Past participants have told us that gaining a community of practice is one of the most valuable aspects of our online courses.
View the fall 2020 online course schedule at a glance or learn more about individual courses below.
Introduction to Infant Mental Health | September 28 to November 30 | Register by September 21
RIOS™ 1: Using the RIOS™ Framework for Reflective Supervision (short course) | September 14 to October 5 | Register by September 7 | October 5 to October 26 | Register by September 28
RIOS™ 2: Advanced Reflective Supervision Using the RIOS™ Framework | November 2 to December 14 | Register by October 26