DEVELOP Course ID: 198269 (online training)
This training was previously titled CLASS® & Coaching: Putting CLASS® into Practice (PCIP).
This training prepares participants to work with adults on Pre-K and K-3 Classroom Assessment Scoring System (CLASS®) concepts and practices.
What to expect
This training is 16 clock hours.
- Translate CLASS® terminology into simpler language.
- Take part in a study that deepens understanding of CLASS® instructional support dimensions.
- Explore a strengths-based coaching model of observation, feedback, and goal-setting.
- Practice strengths-based strategies using video, reflection, and feedback.
Participants who complete this training may be eligible to join our CLASS® Online Learning Community. The community offers advanced learning opportunities for coaching and the CLASS® for Parent Aware CLASS® coaches.
Who should attend
Individuals who work in early childhood professional development, including:
Before registering, participants must complete a two-day CLASS® Observer Reliability training and pass the Teachstone reliability test.
New to coaching and relationship-based professional development? We offer a Coaching 101 course. Fill out our request a training form to learn more.
Register for a scheduled training
Cost: $200 per person
This training is free for Parent Aware CLASS™ Coaches. Choose Participant type “Parent Aware Coach” when registering.
This two-day training requires attendance both days to complete this training.
Monday through Thursday, January 9-12, 2023, 8:30 am to 12:30 pm each day, ONLINE via Zoom, register by January 3.
Thursday and Friday, March 30-31, 2023, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm both days, in person, Country Inn & Suites, 2740 Snelling Avenue North, Roseville, MN 55113, register by March 24.
Keeping It Safe
- We will provide masks and hand sanitizer for anyone to use during the training. Face coverings are required on all University of Minnesota campuses. You can find more information at Safe Campus.
- We will encourage social distancing. Tables will be set up to provide space where preferred.
- We will disinfect the room on top of UMN COVID-19 cleaning protocols at the beginning of each day.
- We encourage everyone to wash their hands each time they enter the conference room.
Request a training for your group
We can customize any of our trainings for your site and audience. Get in touch and we’ll work together to develop a training that’s right for you.