Participate and learn how to become a reliable observer from certified Classroom Assessment Scoring System (CLASS®) trainers. We offer training for the Infant, Toddler, Pre-K, and K-3 versions of CLASS® (2008 edition, unless otherwise noted).
What to expect
16 clock hours
- Receive comprehensive instruction about the tool.
- Score video segments in preparation for the online reliability testing.
Participants must pass the Teachstone online test to become a reliable CLASS® observer. The test takes about 8 hours to complete.
Those interested in training others to become reliable observers must attend a Train-the-Trainer session offered via Teachstone.
As a Parent Aware partner, we offer the Infant, Toddler, Pre-K, and K-3 versions of this training to build capacity for CLASS® observations and coaching. Parent Aware is the Minnesota Quality Rating and Improvement System (QRIS).
Who should attend
- Anyone who participates in the Parent Aware (QRIS) system in Minnesota
Register for a scheduled training
This two-day training requires attendance both days to complete this training. Attendees must attend both days fully.
CLASS® Pre-K Observer Reliability
Cost: $500 per person; $400 for Parent Aware Coaches
- IN PERSON: Monday and Tuesday, June 10-11, 2024, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. both days, Pier B Resort Hotel, 800 West Railroad St. Duluth, MN 55802. Registration closes Thursday, May 23.
CLASS® Toddler Observer Reliability
Cost: $500 per person
- IN PERSON: March 26-27, 2024, exact times and location TBD (Twin Cities metro area). Registration closes March 21.
Subscribe to our newsletter and be the first to know when we release our new trainings schedule!
Request a training for your group
We can customize any of our trainings for your site and audience. Get in touch and we’ll work together to develop a training that’s right for you.