DEVELOP Course ID: 161765 (online training)
This training was previously titled Putting CLASS® Into Practice: Emotional Support for Teachers.
The Classroom Assessment Scoring System (CLASS®) measures emotional support in four dimensions: positive climate, negative climate, teacher sensitivity, and regard for student perspective. This training will prepare teachers to review these areas through the lens of their own teaching practices.
What to expect
This training is four clock hours.
- Learn to identify and define interactions that fit in emotional support dimensions.
- Recognize opportunities and barriers to emotional support interactions.
- Set three action goals to support emotional support in the classroom.
Who should attend
- Classroom-based teachers who work with preschool children
- Family child care providers*
*While the tool is validated in center-based care, it’s used nationally to support quality interactions regardless of setting. For this reason, family child care providers will also benefit, but some of the wording and video would be less applicable.
Register for a scheduled training
Subscribe to our newsletter and be the first to know when we schedule new trainings!
Request a training for your group
We can customize any of our trainings for your site and audience. Get in touch and we’ll work together to develop a training that’s right for you.